A Costa Rica Vacation can take you to some of the most Costa Rican luxurious hotels in the tropics and most beautiful ecolodges on the planet. You will be missing out though if you do not visit mother nature's finest places of Costa Rica and that is the Costa Rica National Park & Reserve Network.
Here you will find 4% of the planets biodiversity and over a million hectares of land not including the mangrove system (all mangroves in Costa Rica are preserved and belong to the State). This makes for around 25% of land in Costa Rica is protected. There is a total of 161 parks and reserves around country of Costa Rica. For most people that are visiting Costa Rica they will visit only a handful of parks which goes to show that it is always worth coming back for a second Costa Rica vacation.
Some Conversation Areas in Costa Rica:
- Guanacaste Conservation Area
- Tempisque Conservation Area
- Central Volcanic Conservation Area
- Llanuras de Tortuguero Conservation Area
- La Amistad-Caribe Conservation Area
- La Amistad-Pacific Conservation Area
- Osa Conservation Area
- Central Pacific Conservation Area
- Arenal-Tempisque Conservation Area
- Arenal-Huetar North Conservation Area
- Coco Island Marine Conservation Area